Wednesday 18 July 2012

A winter walk in my neighbourhood...

I realise for you northern hemishphere folk, that this post will not look like a winter wonderland.  However, it is quite chilly here in Melbourne today (around 14 degrees C).  That's chilly by Aussie standards and I headed out to photograph winter flowers all wrapped up in my fleece coat and my woolly fingerless gloves (made by my Mum who is quite natty with the knitting needles).

I don't have many flowers in my garden at the moment... but our neighbours do!

Daisies in my front yard
 The tree outside our house - such papery bark - its squishy if you poke it
 More papery bark...
 Now for the neighbourhood blooms...


 A Kiwi looking fern pokes out amongst green and gold (Aussie) leaves... a bit like me really...




These berries look like each is a different flavour... NOT edible if there are any kiddies reading this...!

Not bad for winter...

By the way, I also fixed the time clock on my blog, so now I can say things like "Happy Wednesday"... on a Wednesday.  Which is nice.  My blog was formerly residing on something called Pacific Time.... now its on Melbourne Time.  Much better.

Happy Wednesday everybody!

See you tomorrow for a little peek at some recent henna tattoos...

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say hello...!