Thursday 19 July 2012

Henna painting on friends...

Lately I've had a few friends pop by for henna tattoos.  This weekend we had friends visiting from the homeland (New Zealand) and so I got the Temptu paint out and Debbie rolled up her sleeve...

(work in progress photos courtesy of Stuart...)

Painting the design on with the tiniest of brushes...

 Then body glue and glitter is added
 Maybe I should have taken Debbie's watch off before I showered it in glitter...
 Me (on the left) and Debbie on the right... we've been friends since I was 10 years old!
 Debbie's finished tattoo
 Mine the next day outside with the grapefruit tree
And here is some I did the week before, for our friends' daughter.  She's only 5 but sat still for about an hour to get these two done.  I think the promise of all that glitter had her hooked!!
 what a sweetie...

The Temptu is proving to be very popular but I still like the traditional henna paste applied with a cone for that tribal feel.  Here's one I did in Bali in April - I seem to like being in foliage...
I can't wait for summer.... to sport hennaed feet and not cover up with cardigans...

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say hello...!