Thursday 5 July 2012

Inspired by Shannon...

Today's post was inspired by my wonderful friend Shannon.  She recently visited me and as we were discussing our artistic and crafty ways, I asked her for ideas for my blog.  "Look around you!" she exclaimed. 

So the conversation went on, Shannon pointing out interesting things around my home - table settings, jewellery, statues gathered on my travels... all things which to me have become commonplace, but each has a story.  So, over the the next couple of weeks I'll be blogging little "vignettes" from around my home.

First up - the delightful cupcake tower which my cousin made for a little party we had on Saturday night - which fitted perfectly with my pink and green table setting...
Nestling in amongst the remains of Saturday's table setting is a special find at the thrift store today - a 1930's Japanese Noritake leaf plate with cute cherry design (for the bargain price of $6)...
 A stack of freshly washed and ironed thrift store finds waiting to be made into bags...
A just finished new style of bag I made for Nomadic Tara - then fell in love with and promptly claimed it as my own (tsk, tsk!) - more in store soon....
 a little close up for you...
Well readers, I hope you enjoyed this flowery little number today.  In order to not saturate my blog with too many flowers (although I do love them so...), I'm planning a tribal themed post for tomorrow... no pink, I promise.

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say hello...!