Friday 27 July 2012

Peace, Love & Yoga... and other things

Hello out there - Happy Friday to you all!

It's been a productive week here at Nomadic Tara's workshop.  I'm busy making these...
They are little clutch purses and I hope to have a couple in the store by next week.  Each one is one of a kind and resplendent with interesting bits and bobs... like this surprise bird under the opening...
I made these Peace, Love and Yoga flags for my Etsy store yesterday.  Since I recently sold two sets I thought I should restock.  These would be lovely hanging in a yoga space, or a lemon tree...


 The centre flag has a Tibetan prayer flag patch
My yoga space...
So, on to other things.  Since I'm busy at the sewing machine this week there has not been much time for photos, so I bring you some random pics from around my home, and my ever expanding collection of brown vintage jugs....I must stop - but how adorable are they???
The latest one to sneak into the collection... $1.99 at the thrift store...
I don't tend to have things displayed in "collection" form (I just did that for you..), instead, I am putting the jugs to good use as pen and needle holders!  And before you ask.... yes, I do use all those pens.
Next up - here is my fridge door.  It's a collection of happy things - photos from our travels.  There are so many stories that go with this little collection... which is why I love travelling so much.  I even have a Green Tara fridge magnet - see if you can spot it. 
 I particularly like the henna heart wooden fridge magnet created by my clever friend Shannon...
Here is a little collection hanging on a wall... included is an Argentinian clay pipe given to me years ago by my friend Jose...  a red Afghani pouch, a Timor rice bag (from a trip to Indonesia), a Tibetan yak hair sling (from friends in Tibet), and a Kuchi necklace...
Here's something from my childhood - a couple of hanging dolls (I imagine from China?).  I don't even know how old I was when I got them but I've always loved their bead bodies.  This photo made me laugh because it looks like the girl one is getting a telling off from the boy one!!!  Lets hope they work things out because they are connected by that chain so there is no going their separate ways...
Ok, that's the end of the tour (random little collection that it was).  This pile is awaiting my attention as some of it is to be made into the clutch purses (like the ones above).  
I hope you all have a lovely weekend - I'm looking forward to getting out and about with Mr Tara - we plan to do some (light!) hiking if the weather stays nice...  whatever you do, enjoy!

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say hello...!