Tuesday 14 August 2012

A walk in the park with Old Clunky...

I was out for a walk today with "Old Clunky" (the camera I get left with when Mr Tara needs the more portable one for work).  Braving the cold grey weather I discovered this beautiful tree just 100 metres from my house in the nearby park...
Having no "automatic" setting, I adjusted the ISO rating hoping it would capture the blossoms without blurring...
It seems I did ok...


 There was no-one about, but then I often joke that we live in the QUIETEST neighbourhood in Australia.  Big high fences and everybody drives.  I did see this little chap though...
I then had a fraught 5 minutes looking for Old Clunky's lens cap in the overgrown grass.  I was lucky to find it as I had covered quite a bit of ground taking all the photos.

Crisis averted, and on with the show...

This plant obviously has very tasty leaves...
This particular little park is full of different types of Eucalyptus and in the summer its a very fragrant place to walk...

 A neighbour down the road trims his trees into circles - I've never seen a leaf out of place here...
 Walking back to our house I spotted this bronze beauty...
Back home, I have this very strange flowering individual.  I have no idea what it is but I like it...
The succulents are in bloom...
So is my arm... I'm testing some new henna paste...
Until next time,

Tara

PS.  For those of you who are camera savvy, Old Clunky is a Canon EOS 20D -  so not really an old clunky... but it does weigh 1.3kg with the lens on so not exactly handbag friendly...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say hello...!