Friday 3 August 2012

Tara and her itchy feet...

Happy Friday everyone

I've had trouble concentrating on sewing for Nomadic Tara today.  I got a bit distracted by this...

I'm what could be described as "hopeless" at playing guitar but I do like to tinkle about with it every now and then.

Here's some pics I took just on sunset tonight inside and outside the house.  The light was nice on this wintery afternoon...

Shiva in our entryway with an Afghani earring and a Nomadic Tara dollop of inspiration..
Our Thai statue greeting all who enter through our front door...
   Buddha with his flower offering outside...
 Winter sunshine...
 I love the Eucalyptus trees (and my lovely lemon tree)
 Our walnut tree looking very winter bare...
 Yellow daisies in our front garden...
 Our pink Camellia carpet...
 Winter greens...



My lack of concentration could well be down to a fair amount of travel based day dreaming.  I do love travelling so much.  Here's one of my favourite pics taken on our last big trip.    Happiest being nomadic...
Yep, I seem to have an acute case of itchy feet...

Well I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.  Mr Tara and I are off to an artists commune just outside of Melbourne to visit a Luthier (Guitar making) workshop they have there.  Mr Tara is enrolling in a woodworking class there in October and will be learning how to make his own Guitar - how wonderful!  I think there is something very grounded about making your own instrument.  I am told at the artist commune they also have real live peacocks.  I'll be ready with my camera in hand... keeping my eyes pealed for my favourite bird!

See you next week (hopefully with a few nice peacock photos).

Tara

3 comments:

  1. The garden looks great ..... and I love the idea of making your own guitar! Hope you have a good weekend, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anne :)

    Hope you have a nice weekend too!

    Tara
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Say hello...!