Saturday 1 December 2012

Bohemian Dreamer slip dresses...

Following on from my Bohemian Dreamer skirt which sold a while back, I got to thinking about new products for this range - slip dresses.  I like the way you can tie-dye them soft pastel shades plus they are super feminine and girly so that appealed to me too. 

I've used old slips which had a previous life hidden under dresses - with a bit of upcycling (I love that new term!) they now shine as main events rather than having their beautiful lace hidden away.

This is the prototype... which I made for me to wear.  I do love pink...
 It's just a pile of plain old slips and doilies...
 A pot of pink dye and the magic begins...
 A new colour trial - dark green...
 Teal always turns out well...
 It was 39 degrees on Wednesday in Melbourne (phew!), perfect for drying frillies on the old Hills Hoist washing line (colour blocked of course!)...
 Teal lovelies...
 Pinky perfect...
 Earthy greens...
 All washed and pressed... ready for me to create dresses...
 The petticoats all lined up awaiting embellishment...
 The bohemian dreamer slip dress...
That's the pink one done - I hope to have the rest of them up on my Etsy store over the next couple of weeks...
 Tara

1 comment:

  1. WOW!!! So many colours and pretty peticoats! What a wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete

Say hello...!