Wednesday 16 January 2013

Tribal Heaven at Gypsy River...

Yesterday Shannon and I took a trip out to the country to visit the lovely Kerrie from Gypsy River.  We'd been ogling her blog for many a month now, so to visit her on her farm was pretty special for us.  Plus, its always good to meet another tribal textile enthusiast.  It seems Kerrie may have joined as many "tribes" as Shannon and I in her travels (no mean feat I can tell you...).

We potted about her studio, happy as can be, and managed to restrain our buying to 3 items each - not bad for a couple of tribal obsessed girls in tribal heaven now is it?...  Thanks Kerrie for kindly letting us in your home.

Here are some pics of our day out - which also included a visit to the river at Warrandyte, lunch in a park at Research (for the record, I did not even see so much as a Library in this oddly named place), and a stop in at Thomas Lloyd Guitars at Montsalvat so that Shannon could see the acoustic guitar that Mr Tara is building on Saturdays... 

Tribal heaven at Gypsy River...
 Henna inspired floor - we did like this very much, being henna-heads and all...
 Look at the size of some of those cushions...
 I'd wear this if I had half the chance...
 Shannon's purchases... a big cushion, a tassel and a beaded disk...

My treasures... a beaded pouch and a clove and mirror tassel

Plus a Thai embroidered necklace in my favourite colours...
 Next stop was Montsalvat where we marvelled at the old stone buildings and the lead light windows...

 
 We had the place to ourselves...


 Chapel windows...
 The Chapel at Montsalvat...
 Upstairs in the Great Hall... magnificent window setting!
Hmmm... what this room needs is some colour...

I wasn't long before the emptiness of the room got to us, but our Gypsy River treasures soon sorted that problem out...
 Shannon contemplating life in such a space...
Alas!  these two tribal loving girls were not destined for great halls and stained glass windows - oh no, we're more at home in our little tribal homes.  As soon as we got back to my house, Shannon started trying out her new Gypsy River cushion (its the big blue and red floral one taking centre stage in this picture).  The contents of my linen cupboard were emptied and she styled my bedroom for me. It was awesome (but trust me readers, this story does not have a happy ending.... Shannon took the awesome cushion home with her at the end of the night...sob!).
Anyway, back to the story, my room has never looked so nice!
Mr Tara came home from work and looked on with mild amusement - he's used to constant re-styling, but did wonder where his alarm clock had got to (hidden from view Mr Tara - its too techie for our tribal scene...)
  Shannon, if you are reading... I miss the cushion.  I can hear her now... "get your own Tara..."
If you are as inspired as we were by the lovely products available from Gypsy River, you can visit her online store at www.gypsyriver.com.au

If you would like to follow the stylings of Shannon (my awesome henna partner), you can follow her on instagram..... @littlewiseones

While we are on the subject, I'm also now on Instagram (which I love!).  Just search @nomadictara

Hope you are all having a nice week - if you are in Melbourne we are in for a hot one!  I shall be hibernating tomorrow since the mercury is going to tip 39 degrees....

Tara

2 comments:

  1. Hey Tara! I stumbled across your blog thanks to Gypsy River's post on facebook! I've just recently discovered Kerrie's goodies too and have fallen head over heels in love with everything! I was lucky enough to receive one of her bags for Christmas! Her studio looks amazing! PS – following you on Instagram now too! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kiera

    Yes her studio is amazing and Kerrie is just lovely to go along with it! I'm putting Gypsy River products on my birthday and christmas wish lists now!!

    Thanks for reading :)

    Tara
    x

    ReplyDelete

Say hello...!