Wednesday 20 February 2013

I do like a vignette...

When in blog-land, I do enjoy it when people post little vignettes from around their home.  It's like getting the chance to poke about in people's houses looking at how they arrange stuff.  I don't know why I find it so fascinating but I do.  So, if you are like me, and enjoy such things, here's some vignettes from around my home.  Feel free to poke about...

A shelf in my workshop with a few of my things... a photo of my henna buddy Shannon and I, my "Quiet" banner (because that may well be my word), Saraswati, the Indian goddess of learning, a vintage vase with peacock feathers, a henna candle (by yours truly) and a very inspirational elephant in a frame...
I like old flowery brown jugs - I use them to store pens and the many henna cones I make each week...
Buddha, Yatra incense burning, Tibetan treasures and an Indian wall hanging...
Tibetan and Nepalese bits and bobs from our travels on an Indian cupboard...
A thrift shop sari find sits on Indian cushions so that I can admire it when I pass by...
Hmong embroidered bedspread.  I love Thai hill tribe indigo fabric (the blue bits)...
The guest bed dressed in its tribal best...
Peacock feathers...

Peacock feathers in an Indian water jug...
Carving on a seat...
Layered doilies on an Indian set of drawers with a hand painted box...
An Indian wooden bell for your cow (but sadly I don't have one so it hangs on the wall)...
One of my peacock drawings, an owl postcard from a friend, tribal jewels and hand mirror and the two of pentacles - which helps us to find grace in everything we do.... 
Hope your week is going well...

Tara x
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say hello...!