Tuesday 5 March 2013

Retro marketplace...

Last weekend Mr Tara and I visited a local market called Caribbean Gardens.  It's like going through a time-warp visiting this market.... everything looks like 1970 except the items for sale (and the people of course - me excluded!).

Hello 1970!  Blue plastic wavy sun shelter...
Bird aviaries and gum trees...
I like that there are still hand-painted signs, even if they are a bit incoherent...
Railway crossing for the toy train...
Hungry...?

Tiny picnic umbrellas and tables...
Entrance to the pavilion...
Inside the stalls are modern.  Not really the sort of market I would shop at - but I did buy some nice yellow and red carnations from the flower stall.
 
Loved the balloon man!
This place is HUGE!
 
I quite liked the doily stall...
Here's me enjoying the balloon stall.  I had my eye on the Hello Kitty one... but thought better of it at my age (in retrospect I should have just gone for it).
This lady bought one (I was a tad jealous)...
Cor, they are cute!  Maybe next time...
Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say hello...!