Tuesday 7 May 2013

Postcard from Byron #1

Ahhh Byron Bay!  What a lovely place.  Mr Tara and I just spent a week there and had fun exploring the beaches and the artistic haven that Byron is famed for.

I took so many photos, so have decided to send you all "postcards" instead of one giant holiday post.

We visited a place called the Crystal Castle near Mullumbimby.  This little oasis up in the hills surrounded by rainforest was so beautiful.  The natural setting of the huge crystals in nature - just sitting in garden beds or alone on a hillside made my heart sing!

Amethyst geodes were everywhere - Mr Tara got all scientific on me telling me how they were formed.  I think he did as much crystal hugging as I did.  We were truly in our element having never seen such fine examples of natural rocks before.
 
A massive piece of rose quartz (taller than Mr Tara!).  Sitting on the red earth it literally glowed... 
 Here it is on the hillside at the end of a trail of Tibetan prayer flags... perfect!

An inspirational piece from one of the kindest people to ever exist...
Overlooking the valley surrounded by rose and clear quartz...
Stormy skies...
Clear quartz which came up to my shoulders...
Beautiful gardens...
I enjoyed taking a stroll around this rose quartz spiral...
Hope your week is going well.

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say hello...!