Wednesday 8 May 2013

Postcard from Byron #2

Here is more from the gardens at Crystal Castle in Mullumbimby (great name right?! You really need to say it out loud... Mullumbimby...).  It is one of the prettiest, serene gardens I have ever seen.

I was so taken with all the tropical plants. It was lush compared to my twiggy garden in Melbourne which suffered so much over the hot summer we just had.  In Mullumbimby, which is high up in the rainforest, the plant colours were psychedelic.

Pink plants!  Oh yes, I liked those...
A beautifully adorned Laxmi statue, surrounded by lush greenery...
This tree was dripping with blooms...

Laxmi detail...

Ganesh...
 
Ganesh detail...
It was wonderful to see such beautiful craftsmanship...
The bamboo grove provided some much needed shade, and people had declared their love on the stems....


More of those pink show-stoppers...
Nandi Bull...
Marigolds - one of my favourite flowers...

Even the lentil soup we had for lunch came with edible flowers...
I'd never eaten a flower before... it tasted like salad leaves...!
Beautiful blooms wherever I turned...
Purple berries!
 
Sitting serenely amongst it all was this statue of Buddha...
with a beautiful pink mosaic base...
and a rose quartz spiral...
What a joyful day.

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say hello...!